I love my job.  I absolutely love everything about meeting new families and sharing in their excitement and they welcome new little people into their families.  I love how raw and real and immediate those feelings are in a new family–the excitement, the nerves, the pure adoration.  I get a little fluttery feeling in my stomach whenever a new baby comes to see me in the studio as I think about what each baby will be like and who he or she will turn out to be.

So… imagine all those feelings and then multiply them by about 5,000 and you will understand what has been going through my heart and mind over the past few months as I have been getting used to the fact that baby Washburn #5 is on the way.  A little bit of terror, quite a deal of exhaustion and nausea, and a lot of excitement.

New-York-maternity-photography

New-York-maternity-photographer

I am officially in my second trimester and baby #5 is due to arrive the first week of September, but if things go as they historically have for me, we should be a family of 7 by mid- to late-August.  What does that mean?  Well, for me it means a whole heap of things that I probably don’t need to get into right here and now. For my clients, it means that I will not be shooting any sessions in August or September, but may take limited newborn sessions beginning mid-October through the end of the year.  It means that I may need a little bit of patience as I tend to need way more sleep that usual and don’t have as many working hours in my day.  It means that there should be way too many darling baby posts coming your way this summer and fall:).

In the meantime, I am back from vacation and things are up and running again.  Many, many March babies are coming up and I can’t wait to meet them all.  Until then, here’s a little bit of warmth captured in South Carolina and brought back home to the frigid, wet, not-quite-spring-yet Northeast.

Clifton-Park-baby-photographer

MWAH!

Clifton-Park-baby-photography

Albany-newborn-photographer

Albany-baby-photography

NY-newborn-photography

NY-newborn-photographer

29 Responses to “News, the Big Kind – NY Capital Region Newborn Photographer”

1. April says:

Oh my that first picture makes me laugh so hard :) Congratulations!

2. wow jessica! congrats! i love the expressions on your face, totally priceless! i don’t know how you do it all but i am so glad that you do, you are constant inspiration both a a mother, and a photographer. you make me feel like a wimp with just my two :)! wishing you all the best and hope you start feeling better asap!

3. cherron says:

Again, congratulations on the newest little one!! You look adorable in the photos. And I love the beach photos!! Your kiddos are growing so much!

4. Keri says:

Jess I’m so excited for you!!! That first photo is priceless! I’m so glad you guys had a nice vacation – the photos are beautiful.

5. Yippeeeee!!! Congrats Jess.. we are all so excited for you. Your children are so lucky to have you as a mommy! And btw.. I just love that first picture.. lol!

6. Meagan Caton says:

Oh how exciting. I was thinking that was the news by your post! Incredibly excited for you as I still get those same fluttery feelings when I hear of someone close to me finding out they’re pregnant and my baby isn’t a year old yet! Congratulations and best of luck. Can’t wait to see your little one fill the pages of your blog!!

7. Anna says:

Woohoo, so excited for you! Love the pictures too!

8. Angela says:

Yay!!!! Congrats!!! Looks like you had a great time in SC too!

9. These are fantastic photos, and congrats on #5!

10. Congratulations on the pregnancy!! How exciting. On a side note that black and white image is absolutely breath taking. I love it!

11. CONGRATS!! Wonderful news! You are an amazing mom and baby #5 is lucky to have such a beautiful, loving family.

12. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS Jess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Bre says:

Congratulations!!! Okay, you do not look old enough to be a mommy of 5 – super cute mirror photos! Gorgeous kiddo shots, I especially love the “muah” one.

14. jaime lackey says:

congrats jessica! you go girl on baby #5!! what? now you need another mindy session!

15. Megan says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

16. Christie says:

YAY!!!! Congrats Washburn family!!! So excited for you guys!

17. Shay Winget says:

Congratulations Jess! You are a most amazing mom and this little one will be so blessed as the other four are. I love the post and the pics! Miss you still!

18. Julie Lewis says:

Congratulations and I love the images of you that you shared….not to mention those 4 beautiful babies of yours! I can’t wait to meet the next! :)

19. fanik says:

I’m a big fan of you, and once, I was sitting and checking all your pics, and I love your own family pictures! It definitely shows that you are enjoying it very much! Anyway, congratulation for having another member!

20. These are beautiful images. And wow…five! I have one and I sometimes start to lose it. LOL. Congratulations to you!

21. Jessica says:

Thank you so much for the well-wishes everybody!

22. Elle says:

Congratulations!!! :)

23. Marie Gross says:

Congrats, Jessica!! That is so exciting!!

24. heather says:

congrats! and i absolutely adore your first shot – priceless!

25. rebekah says:

yay! you are my role model! lol

26. Lina says:

Congratulations!!!! How amazing!

27. molly says:

you are so adorable! congrats to you! all these beach pictures are so completely sweet as well!

28. Sheryl says:

OMG YEAY! Congrats hun!!! I <3 <3 <3 the first shot! Youre too cute! I'm so excited to see your progression!!! :))

29. tina says:

Yippee!!! You are fantastic!