As it turns out I DO have a new best friend in baby Elliott, whose newborn session on Friday morning actually DID put me into labor.  After a day of mild labor, Jack eased into the world at 1:00 a.m. Saturday morning.  I want to briefly mention the technique I chose to use to prepare for Jack’s birth because nine times out of ten when I mentioned to people that I was planning on a natural, non-medicated birth using the Hypnobabies program, the response I got was a tentative, “What?”  If you are pregnant and interested in a gentler, more natural childbirth experience, I encourage you to visit the Hypnobabies website and decide if childbirth through self-hypnosis is something that would fit with your personality and goals.  Jack’s birth was such a sweet and wonderful experience for my husband and I.

I was so fortunate to have friend and fellow-photographer Ashley Brown at the birth to document it.  Sometimes it can be difficult to choose between having a mom moment and having a photographer moment.  With the task of documenting Jack’s arrival in Ashley’s capable hands, I was free to fully enjoy just being Jack’s mommy.

I just wanted to share a few images from the past couple of days.  Okay, it’s more than a few, but really, can you blame me?

Big sister #1 is over the moon:

Big sister #2 couldn’t be sweeter to him:

Big sister #3 has claimed him for her very own:

At just 5 lbs, 12 ounces and 18″, Jack really is the Peanut he’s been referred to as for months, and is the smallest baby I have ever held.  At the rate he’s eating, though, I expect him to plump into a typical Washburn chunk in no time at all:

I believe this look is to remind me that no matter what delusions I may have, Jack wants to make sure I understand that all photo ops will be a HIS discretion and not mine.  He definitely has some feist in him:).

And a shot of the best Daddy in the whole world:

And just a couple to show the scale of our tiny Peanut–the first one is my thumb in his little hand:

I love baby hands:).

Thank you to everyone who has offered support and well-wishes in our behalf.  We are so in love with our new little Peanut and can’t wait to get to know him better.

On a business note, there are a few orders still out and galleries that need to be viewed.  I’ll be in touch with you in a week or two–thanks so much for your patience:).

29 Responses to “Jack “Peanut” Thomas Washburn, Welcome to the World – Clifton Park, NY Newborn Photographer”

1. Keri says:

Oh Jess he’s absolutely adorable!! I’m so glad to hear you had such a wonderful birth experience. Congratulations!!!

2. Laura says:

What a beautiful addition to your family! Congratulations, and I’m also so happy to hear about your wonderful birth experience.

3. Anna says:

Oh wow! He is just too precious for words. You got me all teary eyed seeing him in the arms of all his big sisters. Congratulations and i am so glad you had such wonderful birth experience!

4. Laurie says:

He is spectacular!!! Congratulations!

5. Leandra says:

Oh Jess, these are such beautiful images and he really is one of the most perfect looking babies I have even seen. The pictures of the girls with him are so precious. Be sure and take lots of pictures. You don’t have to edit and post right away but at least capture every tiny thing about him. Congratulations!!!

6. Angela says:

He’s so beautiful! Congrats!!

7. Jaimie says:

CONGRATULATIONS! He’s gorgeous! LOVE the shots with the big sisters!! Just perfect.

8. Marie Gross says:

Aaaah! He is SO handsome! The pictures are gorgeous and so full of joy. Loved every last one. Congratulations, Jess!

9. Congratulations! He is so precious and your photos are just stunning! You have a gorgeous family!!

10. amber says:

i am glad you had such a fab birth experience and have been able to share your darling lil man w/us so soon :) he’s perfect! and look at those wonderful big sisters :o)

11. Oh Jessica! SO happy for you guys. He is absolutely gorgeous and I can’t wait to see more of him!!

12. Meredith says:

Jess, I don’t know whether to feel guilty or happy that our session caused you to go into labor! Elliott is proud to have you as a best friend. :-) Jack is absolutely adorable – love the pics!

13. Mom W says:

I can’t tell for sure, but it appears to me Jack looks more like Mom–maybe the Washburn genes are weaker finally! No matter who he might resemble, he’s absolutely adorable and I can hardly wait to hold him myself! In the meantime, give him lots of hugs and kisses for Grandma W!

14. Sherri says:

He is beautiful! I just love him and what a shot with his big eyes!

15. Summer says:

So so precious! Congratulations!

16. Alyssa says:

So adorable. Thanks so much for being so open and sharing his photos with us all.

17. Gigi says:

Congrats! He is adorable. Beautiful captures!

18. yay yay yay!!! and dare i say is one of the most goregous babies i have ever seen!! and i know we will be seeing more of him real soon!! so glad you are doing well!! wonderful pictures ashely!!! i so enjoyed them!!

19. Pam Caudill says:

Congratulations! Fabulous pictures. Enjoy that darling little man.

20. Congratulations Jessica! He is perfect :)

21. kati says:

he is such a tiny little guy! Congratulations to you and your family!!

22. Tiffany says:

Congratulations to you and your family! Welcome baby Jack…..give him a kiss for me!

23. Congratulations! He is another beautiful Washburn baby!!

24. Melissa says:

Absolutely adoreable, as all of your children are, Jessica! Many congratulations to you – enjoy your new bundle :)

25. OMG, I don’t have one favorite…I love them ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. Kerianne says:

Oh Jessica!!!! I have been thinking about you and wondering if your little miracle had arrived! Oh wow!!!! He is just gorgeous. You must be so thrilled with your beautiful family. Wishing you all the best. I can’t wait to see more photos of Jack… he is such a teeny babe…. xx.

27. Congrats Jess! He is so beautiful – good work. And I am really glad that you were able to have an unmediacted natural birth. Woot! woot!

28. Andria Laws says:

Jessica, these pictures are so beautiful, I love them! He is so precious!!!!!!

29. lisa lucky says:

Congrats to you Jessica! What a beautiful baby and a beautiful family! You must be bursting with pride!