…to me!

I told my girls that all I wanted for Mother’s Day this year were some nice pictures of the three of them.  This shoot was only about 7 months in the making and almost didn’t happen.  No pressure or anything;).

Last fall our family had so much fun picking apples for the first time (we’re new to the area).  By far our favorite orchard to visit was Lindsey’s Orchard right here in Clifton Park.  The apples were so, so yummy and everyone we met there was incredibly kind and helpful.  I asked for permission to come back and shoot in the spring when the trees were in blossom and the owner graciously agreed.  All week I nervously stalked the weather channel, news websites, etc., praying that the clouds would cooperate for the shoot.  The forecast for Friday included a few hours of rain, but I held on to hope.  Nature just couldn’t be so cruel.  Then my poor baby girl started to show signs that she coming down with something.  We made it, though.  The rain held off just long enough for us to get into the car as we were leaving, and baby girl was excited enough about playing in the apple trees that we were able to capture some beautiful shots.

Could anything be more beautiful than an orchard in spring?

I just love this face:).

And what every mother-photographer dreams of, but seldom captures of her own kids–the group shot!

Thanks girls, for the best Mother’s Day ever!

19 Responses to “Happy Mother’s Day… – Clifton Park, NY Family Photographer”

1. Keri says:

These are so gorgeous! All your girls are just beautiful & I love the way you’ve captured them here. The last one is so perfect…I love it!

2. Cristina says:

Really beautiful! What a fantastic location. I love the ones of your little ones blowing on the dandelions.

3. shannon says:

no kidding happy mothers day!! they are so beautiful and you capture them perfectly!! great capture on the last one!!

4. Krysten says:

There is only one thing I can think of that is more beautiful than an orchard in spring….your girls. Gorgeous images, Jessica!

5. Edna says:

Okay, Krysten beat me to it. That was exactly what I was going to say! I can’t wait to get my prints!!

6. Pam C. says:

Looks like your family is very comfortably settled there. They’re growing up beautifully. Is your eldest excited about her upcoming baptism? My eight year old was thrilled with her special day.

7. These are simply amazing! Stunning! The dandelion shots are perfection! Really really gorgeous photos!

8. Marie Gross says:

Hey Jess! I think about you all the time and have been meaning to send an email your way. Looks like everything is going great for you. Beautiful pictures, as usual!

9. TDF location! Your girls are beeautiful! Love the little splash of yellow flowers on the last one.

10. KaraRL says:

Oh my gosh – these are absolutely precious!!! Happy Mother’s Day to you!

11. Heather says:

awesome, Jessica! I’m jealous – I only have 2 kiddos, and I can never get them to sit together long enough for a picture!

12. Jen Brown says:

Jessica,
    these are just stunning!
    i hope one day i can capture these moments with my girls.
    Keep up the great work!

13. shay says:

The girls are getting so big! Beautiful work Jess :)

14. Meagan Caton says:

Oh these are adorable. I love them all. Your girls are so pretty.

15. Alyssa says:

Oh my these are ALL stunning. Amazing location with fantastic colors. Your girls are beautiful. WOW..

16. Jaimie says:

Wow, what a great Mother’s Day gift! The location is perfect! These are just amazing. :)

17. Lindsay says:

Jess, these are just absolutely gorgeous. You are going to treasure these forever!

18. sherri says:

classic and beautiful as always.

19. […] Mini sessions will be a fabulous way to allow as many families as possible the opportunity to take advantage of the short time the trees are in blossom.  If you have never experienced a custom photography session, they are also a great way to try one out.  Mini sessions last 30-45 minutes, are never rushed, and yield approximately 10-12 proofs.  Blossoming apple orchards are almost magical in their beauty and I have so many fun ideas for how to emphasize that in these sessions.  To see how beautiful the orchard looked last year, click here. […]